Thursday 7 June 2012

Monsoon and some rain drenched Memories.

Hello there,

It rained in Pune today. Haven't called home, so don't know if monsoon have officially hit Kerala yet. It was nice to have rain after a hot dry summer. Saranya and I enjoyed our little rainy evening today. We went for a walk in the light rain. Nature gets more beautiful when it rains.

Five years back in Banglore, it was a similar rainy evening when I saw Saranya in Lungi for the first time.She had just started her college and I had joined my first company. I had been to her apartment before that day, couple of times and had even stayed over night few times. I had left few of my dresses there just in case I had to stay there.That day it was raining cats and dogs and I had to go to her apartment as it was closer to my office. I knew that she used to wear mundu at times at home but that day she had chosen to wear one of my lungis (that I had left there) and a T-shirt. And she looked gorgeous. She had made that one of her usual home attire like her nighty.

The first time her parents saw her in lungi was also in Banglore. They had visited her for few days and she  wore lungi with her t-shirt at home. Her parents were cool about it . They were surprised but they didnt make a fuss about it. The same week ,after returning from lunch, one day, (I was present there too) she changed her saree and wore a lungi and thorthu over her blouse. I was surprised , flattered, shocked or what ever you could come up with. Her parents had seen her enough time in lungi- shirt/ Tshirt that week (and had seen my lungis with her clothes in her room) that they weren't surprised at all. They had guessed that she was using lungi in apartment by the clues they could gather.

Not bad huh?
Today , she confessed that she was a bit shy to wear lungi blouse and thorthu in front of her parents that day. But she wanted to and she did; after all its her parents : why be shy? She always thought Lungi blouse is the same as mundu blouse; lungi is just a colored mundu after all. Now she doesn't mind wearing it in presence of her parents , close relatives and friends. She is not comfortable weariing lungi blouse everywhere or infront of anybody. But she is completely comfortable to be seen in lungi-shirt or lungi-t-shirt by anyone.

Saranya wants me to add  that, she thinks lungi tshirt is the prefect dress that can be worn by girls who are shy to try out lungi blouse but would want to try it out some day. By wearing lungi tshirt , they can let people know that they use lungi and give a heads-up that 'hey, dont be surprised if you find me wearing lungi blouse.'

Feel free to share your thoughts!


4 comments:

  1. Nice Blog. Waiting for more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi... This is Reema Mukherjee from Calcutta. I have been reading your blogs and they are very nice. Waiting for more blogs on this topic. There is a women's hostel just beside our apartment, where lot of Kerala women stay. They work as a nurse in the nearby hospitals. I have seen few of them roaming around the hostel in lungi & T-shirt/shirt. Even though I have never worn lungi in my life, I am fascinated by the cloth and want to wear them. My father wears lungi at home, I want to try wearing one. But, I want to know whether women wear underskirt/petticoat under the lungi. Is it required ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously thinking about disabling anonymous posts..its confusing and creates identity problem.. so please comment using your google id or blogger id.. :)

    @ first anonymous: Thank you.. Keep visiting and commenting..

    @reema : Thank you for commenting.. As far as wearing underskirt goes, I think its a personal choice.. If you are comfortable with or without it, it is up to you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, This is Rocky and I love to read your Posts. Can you please let me know where did you found the above image of a girl wearing Lungi T Shirt

      Delete