Tuesday 13 December 2011

House wives' favorite: the Nightie!

model in nightie
Hi there,
model in nightie
   Nightie the dress that transcends the different layers of the society. Both the rich and the poor wear it. Right from the 'kaamwali bhayi' to 'memsaab'. It has become a anywhere-anytime dress. They wear it in the house, to the market, for morning/evening walk, visit to the neighbors'. Absolutely everywhere.
When foraging outside the house compound, the nightie is accompanied by the faithful a thorthu or a shawl/duppatta from a churidhar.
housewives in nightie
Amazingly this dress doesn't make the ladies feel embarrassed at all. Now I live in Pune. Here, every married women , even young girls roam around in their nightie. Most of them wear a duppatta over their shoulders covering their bosoms. They shop, talk, walk in this dress thats meant to be worn inside the privacy of their homes/bedrooms. But no. It has become the universal wear of the Indian women.
I confess, I find it sexy when my girl-friend wears a nightie at home. She doesn't usually go out wearing it but I dont say she hasn't. The dress covers the body well, yet something about it arouses me. But that doesn't make me say anything in support of it to be worn outside the house. When ever I find her outside in the streets buying vegetable or talking to friends or neighbors, wearing a nightie, I do ask her why? And she replies "Because I like it. If you can walk around bare chested wearing lungi, then why can't I wear this? ". And there ends the argument!





model in nightie
model in nightie


housewife in nightie

actress in nightie



Invasion of the nightie is one reason for the traditional attire of lungi/mundu-blouse to disappear. Ladies prefer nightie to any other dress when at home or anywhere in the neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment