Saturday 31 March 2012

A male attire??

Hi ,

     Sorry for not posting frequently. I was busy.

Big news this season. My girlfriend and I have finally decided to get engaged. Our families are deciding upon an auspicious date for the big day. Though our families knew about our relationship right from the beginning and were happy about it, right now I feel like we got the license to our relation.

Second big news: we moved to Pune. Had a hard time finding a nice quite place to live. Finally we got a nice little rented house in little colony. Kind of odd place to find two software engineers living. Seriously, none of our neighbors are well off. They are poor but are really good people. Plus all of them are Maharastrians;  which is an added perk giving my girlfriend and me a little more freedom coming to our choice of attire.

As I had said in one of my earlier posts , my girlfriends feels free to wear lungi blouse as long as there are no malayalis (guys) around and this was like the best place we could ever stay. Though there are malayalis in Pune, there are none in this locality. I had hit jackpot!!

She seemed to like the fact too; actually she pointed it out when we saw the place for the first time. First day there and she made my day. It was the best morning I ever had; I woke up to see her unpacking our luggage, after her bath ,wearing a lungi , blouse and a thorthu tied over her wet hair. Brilliant! I had to ask her, if she was going to make this her permanent attire in the house. You see, I had to ask.. Well she said no! but said to expect her in it more frequently. She didn't mind venturing out too in it. She was much less tensed than she was in Banglore. I love this girl. She even went shopping for vegetables in the market by the street.

I think lungi does suit for the climate here, Its is really hot. I can't wait to come home and change from my trousers to lungi and so does she. She either wears lungi blouse  or her nightie or my shirt and lungi. It seems she had quit wearing churidhars at home. Can't blame her. Anybody who has lived in this sort of climate will agree : the more airy the dress the better!

So here I got another topic for my blog : shirt and lungi. Is it a male only attire?? Girls can definitely wear it, given that they dont mind wearing a lungi. According to girlfriend , few of the girls in her hostel used to wear lungi shirt at night. But  that was about 8 years back when she was doing her 12 grade. Browsing the net, I found few photos of girls in lungi shirt, one of them even dating back to 1970s.

Lungi shirt will be the best way for a girl to get used to wearing lungi without getting ridiculed. Start wearing lungi with churidhar top or kamee; with Tshirts or with Kurtas. Its does look stylish and is definitely comfortable. With the summer sun burning down up on us, its a suggestion to girls: try out these and you'll find it much comfortable in the heat. Try it out as something you wear at home during summer. My girlfriend loves it; so you might too. It's just a matter of try it out.

An adv for Lungi featuring a girl in lungi shirt



Lungi Shirt does make her look cute


7 comments:

  1. Great & Pleasent news Dear Rohit,
    also it's great to have a wife who accepts to be traditional in fashion concept.
    I never had a girl friend and don't know will be there in my life. but i wishes some one who are ready to accept the traditional dressing culture of our state...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you DJ. I am lucky to have her as my fiancee. She's beautiful , intelligent and traditional. I've known her right from the time when we were kids and grew up in similar families who have known each other for a long time. You too will meet someone special. Dont worry about that. And she if she isn't traditional you can request her to be at times and I am sure she'll listen.

      Delete
  2. how come she goes to buy vegetables in blouse, lungi and throthu ? is it roadsie vegetable vendor ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got many people selling vegetables and fruits on the roadside. They come every evening and sell vegetables. Once in two days she goes and gets the vegetables from them.

      Delete
  3. Hope u r active in Facebook, add me as your friend. my id www.facebook.com/djmadhavan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be on FB but that was like two or three years ago. Once I started working it was hard to check on FB so I deactivated it. You can mail me on my gmail id (m.rohit202@gmail.com).

      Delete
  4. From which film is that orange shirt wearing lady photo from

    ReplyDelete