Wednesday 29 August 2012

Lungi Blouse in Malayalam Movies 3

Dear Readers,

   What a way to start a beautiful day!!

Saranya and I are back home in Kerala. We are at her place but this time we got the whole place to ourselves, her parents are at her mom's place for this Onam.

So here we are busing ourselves with cooking our little Onasadhya. We took a break and while browsing I came across some pictures of actresses in Lungi Blouse from two very recent movies that are yet to release. I am hopeful that this trend keeps going and this attire becomes more familiar to the younger generation. I hope it comes back in fashion.


The stills are from two movies whose names confuse me as I saw the same stills under a different title. Any way here are the photos. These girls look beautiful in lungi and blouse. Girls should realize that it is a fact that malayali men love to see women in this attire.

Saranya and I still hear few complaining that the dress exposes a lot. And that makes me wonder : It is okay for the girls to wear mini skirts  and spaghetti tops but lungi blouse is bad, huh?? I wonder!!

Well, I just hope that more movies come up with the actresses wearing lungi and blouse so that the bad name that this attire has got will slowly vanish and once again it will be worn as normal home-attire.







Keep visiting and share your views. Leave a comment.

- RM.

2 comments:

  1. she is so beautiful in these dress..lets make these costumes as the kerala's state dress..!!
    this costumes symbolizes hard working and also created a feeling of
    nostalgia.
    Dear Rohit,
    Also, Kindly check these links
    http://kerala9.com/malayalam/v/malayalam+movies/Urava+Malayalam+Movie+Stills/urava+movie+latest+photos00-011.jpg.html


    http://kerala9.com/malayalam/v/malayalam+movies/Urava+Malayalam+Movie+Stills/urava+movie+latest+photos25-004.jpg.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting DJ and thanks for the links too. I'll include them in the next post. I wish we could make this the state dress but then alas, we dont have the power to. Not just lungi blouse , also set-mundu is gonna die off eventually. Girls wear it only during onam and not as a common daily dress. They try to be modern to impress us men and forget the fact that many of us like our girls to be traditional. I wish we could have a discussion including girls but the few female readers I got for this blog mostly communicates via emails and dont visit the blog on a daily basis. I would request you to share this blog with your friends (especially females)and ask them to share their views here. It would be nice to have a healthy discussion about this attire.

    -RM

    ReplyDelete